Preliminary Article: Definition of contract terms
In the following, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Customer”: refers to a natural person of legal age who has full legal capacity at the time of signing the reservation contract, or a legal entity duly represented by a natural person with the legal capacity to represent it.
“Hotel”: refers to the Hôtel de Roubaix hotel.
“Website”: electronic service operated by SAS Hôtel de Roubaix on the Internet and accessible at the address indicated in the preamble hereto.
“Reservation Platform”: electronic service connected to the Website and enabling online reservations to be made for the “Hôtel de Roubaix” hotel.
1. The company SOCIETE DE L’HOTEL DE ROUBAIX, SAS (Société par Actions Simplifiées), registered under SIREN B 552 105 314 00017, registered with the RCS of Paris and located at SAS HOTEL DE ROUBAIX 6 rue Greneta 75003 Paris, operates the following reservation site:
This website presents the hotel “Hôtel de Roubaix” and allows you to book rooms and hotel services.
These GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE thus apply to the above-mentioned Website.
2. The Customer acknowledges that he has all the information necessary to make his choice and proceed with his reservation on this website:
It is agreed that :
– These general terms and conditions of sale apply to all reservations made on the “Hôtel de Roubaix” hotel website, by an individual customer.
– These terms and conditions are not intended to apply to professional customers who have ratified a specific contract.
3. Any reservation made via the Website implies full and unreserved consultation and acceptance of these general terms and conditions of sale, as well as the terms and conditions of sale of the fare reserved, which are expressly mentioned in the description of the fare selected at the time of reservation.
4. The customer’s acceptance of these general terms and conditions and of the fare sales conditions is final after ticking the box when booking on the site; no booking is possible without this agreement.
5. The Customer acknowledges that he fully understands these terms and conditions, written in French/English, and that he has full legal capacity to enter into these terms and conditions.
6. The Website contains the following information:
– A precise identification of the hotel “Hôtel de Roubaix”;
– The essential characteristics of the accommodation offered by the Hotel
– Complementary and optional services,
– Photographs provided for information only,
– Prices include all taxes, excluding tourist tax,
– The amount of the tourist tax, as applied by the administrative authorities, is subject to change.
– The sales conditions of the reserved fare,
– Payment terms and conditions,
– These general terms and conditions of sale,
– The validity period of the offer and its price.
7. The customer declares that this reservation is made for his or her own personal use only. Given his status as a consumer, he has specific rights, which would be called into question if the services booked were not for personal use.
8. All the information accessible on the Website as well as these general terms and conditions of sale are presented in French and English.
1. These general terms and conditions of sale define the rights and obligations of the parties in the context of reservations made on the “Hôtel de Roubaix” website.
2. The Customer acknowledges having read these general terms and conditions of sale and the terms and conditions of sale of the reserved tariff, which are accessible and available at all times on the Website. He accepts them unreservedly.
III. Duration :
1. These general terms and conditions of sale apply for the duration of the online availability of the “Hôtel de Roubaix” hotel services.
2. The SOCIETE DE SAS HOTEL DE ROUBAIX reserves the right, without notice or compensation, to make changes to these general terms and conditions of sale, or to temporarily or permanently close the website or the online reservation area. We invite you to consult them regularly.
These general terms and conditions of sale are valid on the date of the Customer’s reservation. If a later version appears after the Customer has booked, these conditions will not apply to the booking.
3. SAS HOTEL DE ROUBAIX shall not be liable for any damages of any kind that may result from these modifications and/or from the temporary unavailability or permanent closure of all or part of the site or of the services associated therewith, such as the online reservation area.
IV. Reservations :
1. The Customer acknowledges that he has made his reservation with full knowledge of the facts and that he has obtained all the information necessary for this purpose. Room reservations are reserved for individuals of legal age and capacity. By booking a room with the “Hôtel de Roubaix”, the Customer expressly declares that he/she meets these conditions.
2. The Customer may reserve, on the Website, on a personal basis only, a maximum number of 4 rooms for the same date. Any reservation for a greater number of rooms will be subject to the conditions applicable by La SOCIETE SAS HOTEL DE ROUBAIX to Group reservations, thus excluding the application of these general terms and conditions of sale.
Where applicable, the Customer undertakes to contact the sales department of the Hotel “Hôtel de Roubaix” by e-mail or telephone in order to familiarize himself/herself with the special conditions for group reservations and to complete such a reservation.
3. The Customer is solely responsible for its choice of services and their suitability for its needs, such that SOCIETE SAS HOTEL DE ROUBAIX cannot be held liable in this respect.
4. The reservation is deemed accepted by the Customer at the end of the reservation process.
5. All reservations are nominative and may under no circumstances be transferred to a third party, whether free of charge or in return for payment. All reservations made for third parties must be made in the name of the third party holding the reservation.
V. Booking process :
1. The Customer may reserve a room via the reservation platform on the Website, which can be accessed by clicking on the “Reserve” button.
2. The customer specifies the dates of his stay and the number of people wishing to stay. They can then choose the type of room and additional services to suit their needs, and select the proposed rate for the date(s) selected.
3. Customers can then confirm their choice by clicking on the “Book” button, after having read the full description of the corresponding room(s) and the services included.
4. The customer is then invited to fill in a form with all his/her personal details and those of the people staying at the hotel. They must then enter their bank details to guarantee payment on arrival. The Customer attests to the truthfulness and accuracy of the information provided.
7. The reservation is confirmed. The customer accesses a page containing a summary of his reservation. A booking confirmation is sent by e-mail to the e-mail address given by the Customer on the form.
VI. Conditions of cancellation or modification :
1. If the customer has booked a non-cancellable, non-refundable fare, he/she may not cancel the booking under any circumstances, nor may he/she claim any refund, even if he/she so requests.
2. If the customer has booked a flexible fare, he/she may cancel or modify the booking according to the general conditions of sale of the fare selected at the time of booking.
3. Cancellation or modification of a booking may result in charges as indicated in the general terms and conditions of sale of the fare selected at the time of booking.
4. In order to cancel or modify a reservation, the Customer must contact the Hotel, whose contact details are shown on the Website.
5. In the event of an exceptional event or the impossibility of making the reserved room available to the Customer, in the event of force majeure for example, the Hotel “Hôtel de Roubaix” may offer the Customer a room of a higher standard than that reserved, or accommodation in a Hotel of at least an equivalent category.
6. In accordance with article L. 121-60 of the French Consumer Code, customers are reminded that they do not have the right of withdrawal provided for in article L. 121-20-12 of the French Consumer Code. Customers are also reminded that the conditions of sale of the fare booked and accepted by them specify the terms and conditions for cancelling and/or modifying the booking.
VII. Stay at the Hotel de Roubaix
1. Upon arrival at the Hotel “Hôtel de Roubaix”, the Customer may be asked to complete a police form. To do so, the Customer must present a valid form of identification in order to verify whether or not the Hotel needs to complete the police form.
Important note: Should the Customer fail to present a valid form of identification upon arrival, the Hotel reserves the right to cancel the Customer’s reservation. Under no circumstances shall the Hotel be required to pay the Customer any compensation.
3. The Customer accepts and undertakes to make reasonable use of the room and the common areas of the Hotel made available to him. Any behavior contrary to the principles of safety and/or hygiene, good morals and/or public order may lead the Hotelier to ask the Customer to leave the establishment immediately without any compensation and/or without any reimbursement if payment has already been made.
4. Any damage caused by the Customer in the reserved room or in the communal areas of the Hotel may be billed directly to the Customer up to the amount of the damage observed. Any item missing from the reserved room and duly noted by the hotel will be billed directly at its value.
5. All hotel rooms are non-smoking. Penalties equal to a maximum of the price of the first night booked may be applied if the Customer does not respect the ban on smoking in the room.
6. L’HÔTEL “Hôtel de Roubaix” has its own internal regulations for the use of customers. The Customer accepts and undertakes to comply with the aforementioned regulations. In the event of non-compliance by the Customer with any of the provisions of the Internal Regulations, the Hotel Owner may ask the Customer to leave the establishment. Under no circumstances shall the Hotel be required to pay the Customer any compensation.
7. The Hotel provides, free of charge, unsupervised common areas and facilities to which only Hotel Guests have access – unless otherwise stipulated by the Hotel Management, which reserves the right to do so.
The use of these facilities and their equipment is under the full and exclusive responsibility of Customers, who have free access to them, but only during opening hours.
Unaccompanied minors are not allowed access on their own.
In the event of equipment malfunction or of access being suspended or impossible for any reason whatsoever, the Customer may not claim any prejudice or compensation from the Hotel.
Should the Customer fail to comply with any of these provisions, the Hotel may ask him/her to leave the establishment. Under no circumstances shall the Hotel be required to pay the Customer any compensation.
8. The Customer may occupy his room on the first day of his reservation from 2:00 pm. He/she must leave the room by 12:00 on the last day of his/her reservation. Failing this, the customer will be charged for an additional night’s stay. Guests may enter and leave the hotel 24 hours a day. They will then be asked to leave the room keys at reception.
Customers may request access to their room before 2:00 p.m. on the day of arrival or to keep their room after 12:00 p.m. on the day of departure. This service must be booked on site with the hotel staff, subject to availability and payment of an additional fee.
9. L’HÔTEL “Hôtel de Roubaix” complies with regulations concerning the reception of persons with reduced mobility.
10. L’HÔTEL “Hôtel de Roubaix” welcomes pets. In accordance with the internal regulations and for reasons of hygiene, pets are not allowed in certain common areas (restaurant, breakfast room, wellness area, etc.).
The reception of animals will generate a cost which will be invoiced to the customer under the tariff conditions specified on the Hotel’s website. Pets must be booked in advance, subject to availability and approval by the hotel.
The Customer shall ensure that the presence of his/her pet both in the room and in the common areas does not disturb other Hotel guests or staff. The Hotel reserves the right to refuse access to the establishment and the stay of an animal if these conditions are not respected.
11. Specific sales conditions may apply for stays of more than 5 nights.
VIII. Warranties :
The Hotel is responsible for guaranteeing the conformity of its services, in accordance with the conditions set out in articles L. 212-1 et seq. of the French Consumer Code.
IX. Responsibility :
1. The photographs presented on the website are not contractual. Although every effort is made to ensure that the photographs, graphics and texts reproduced to illustrate the hotels presented give as accurate an idea as possible of the accommodation services offered, variations may occur, particularly due to changes in furnishings or possible renovations. The Customer shall not be entitled to any claim as a result.
2. In accordance with the laws and regulations governing intellectual property rights, the use and/or reproduction of all or part of the elements making up the “Hôtel de Roubaix” offers on the Website are strictly prohibited.
3. SAS HOTEL DE ROUBAIX shall not be held liable for any indirect damage resulting from the present contract, in particular caused by a third party, by the Customer or by the partners of the “Hôtel de Roubaix” hotel.
4. Hypertext links may lead to sites other than the “Hôtel de Roubaix” hotel site, which accepts no responsibility for the content of these sites or the services offered. SAS HOTEL DE ROUBAIX has implemented measures to protect and secure its information system against malicious acts. However, connecting to the website and making a reservation implies that the customer is aware of and accepts the characteristics and limits of the Internet. The lack of protection of certain data against possible misappropriation or piracy, or the risk of contamination by any viruses circulating on the network. SAS HOTEL DE ROUBAIX disclaims all liability in the event of misuse or incident related to the use of the computer or any medium allowing access to the Internet, maintenance or malfunction of the website or any other technical connection and the sending of information to an incorrect address.
5. Any reservation or payment that is irregular, inoperative, incomplete or fraudulent for a reason attributable to the Customer will result in the cancellation of the reservation at the Customer’s expense, without prejudice to any civil or criminal action against the Customer.
6. In connection with their reservation and stay, the Customer undertakes to behave reasonably and not to harm in any way the members of the Hotel team or third parties (or even their pets) present in the Hotel. Such behavior may lead the Hotel to expel the Customer from the Hotel without the Customer being able to claim any right to compensation.
X. Price :
1. Prices for booking services are indicated before and at the time of booking.
2. The prices indicated are per room for the number of person(s) and date(s) at the time they are selected.
3. Prices are confirmed to the Customer inclusive of all taxes and exclusive of tourist tax, in the hotel’s commercial currency, and are valid only for the period indicated on the site.
4. The total amount of the reservation is payable on site upon the Customer’s arrival at the Hotel.
5. The customer’s credit card will be requested at the time of booking to guarantee payment of the reservation.
6. The tourist tax, indicated for each rate, is payable directly to the hotel. It may vary.
7. Prices include the VAT applicable on the date of the order, and any change in the VAT rate will be automatically reflected in the prices indicated on the date of invoicing.
8. Any modification or introduction of new legal or regulatory taxes imposed by the competent authorities will automatically be reflected in the prices indicated on the date of invoicing.
9. Upon confirmation of the Customer’s reservation, the total amount of the order will be indicated.
10. If the price indicated at the time of reservation is manifestly derisory, or if, by error, the price indicated was lower than the prices usually charged by the profession for an equivalent service, the Hotel reserves the right to cancel the reservation purely and simply, without being able to charge any additional costs to this effect.
11. All reservations, regardless of their origin, are payable in the hotel’s local currency, unless special arrangements are indicated on site.
12. Any extras and/or compensation for damage or missing objects/furniture will be debited directly from the bank account corresponding to the credit card details provided by the Customer at the time of booking.
In this respect, the Hotel informs the Customer that his/her bank details will be kept from the time the reservation is validated. The Hotel reserves the right to use this data for as long as is necessary to carry out the terms of these conditions of sale.
The customer is informed in advance of the details and amount of the deductions that will be made from his or her account in the event of damage noted at the end of the stay.
XI. Payment :
1. Unless special conditions or rates have been selected, the customer must provide his/her bank details as a guarantee for the reservation, by credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express), indicating the card number, date of validity and visual cryptogram directly in the area provided for this purpose (please note that the bank card used must be valid at the time of the stay). On the day of arrival at the Hotel, the Customer must present the credit card used to guarantee the reservation or make the prepayment.
L’HÔTEL “Hôtel de Roubaix” may also ask the customer to present a valid form of identification in order to prevent credit card fraud.
Important note: In the event of failure to present valid identification upon arrival, the hotel reserves the right to cancel the reservation. Under no circumstances shall the Hotel be required to pay the Customer any compensation.
2. Payment must be made at the hotel reception upon arrival. The only authorized means of payment are mentioned on the Website at the time of booking.
3. At the time of payment, the amount debited at the time of booking includes: the price of the accommodation, taxes related to the accommodation, the price of the restaurant, taxes related to the restaurant and any additional services selected by the Customer, excluding tourist tax and/or any other tax due as a result of the Customer’s stay in the hotel.
XII. Personal data :
1. The Customer is informed, on each of the personal data collection forms, of the compulsory or optional nature of the answers by the presence of an asterisk.
2. In the absence of information identified as mandatory, the Hotel may not be able to register a reservation and manage claims.
3. The Customer’s personal data collected by the Hotel is processed within the meaning of the amended Act of January 6, 1978 on Data Processing, Data Files and Individual Liberties for the purpose of executing the Contract, managing reservations, payments, invoicing and sending information. The said processing is declared to the CNIL and the Customer’s personal data is kept for the time required to provide the service and to monitor the commercial relationship and/or for the time required to enable SOCIETE SAS HOTEL DE ROUBAIX to comply with its legal and/or regulatory obligations.
4. The Customer’s personal data collected must be communicated to third parties (in particular the manager of the reservation platform and the company in charge of the secure payment site) in order for the services to be rendered. Some of these third parties may be located abroad. These third parties may only use this data for the same purposes. Third parties have undertaken to take all necessary security measures to guarantee the confidentiality of the Customer’s personal data.
5. The Hotel reserves the right to use the Customer’s personal data for its own marketing purposes by sending the Customer information about its products and services, in particular by e-mail, unless the Customer expressly objects at the time the personal data is provided or at a later date by contacting the Hotel, whose contact details are shown on the Website.
6. The Customer has the right to access, modify, rectify, oppose and delete any personal data concerning him/her by contacting the Hotel, whose contact details are shown on the Website.
7. The reservation procedure and navigation on the Website may include cookies. The customer may deactivate these cookies at any time, if he wishes, via his browser settings.
XIII. Proof agreement :
1. Entering the required banking information, as well as accepting the present general terms and conditions and the reservation voucher or request, constitutes acceptance of the hotel contract between the parties, having the same value as a handwritten signature.
2. The computerized registers kept in the computer systems of SOCIETE SAS HOTEL DE ROUBAIX shall be kept in reasonable conditions of security and shall be considered as proof of the communications, orders and payments made between the parties.
XIV. Force majeure :
SAS HOTEL DE ROUBAIX shall not be liable to the Customer in the event of non-performance of its obligations resulting from an event of force majeure on French territory.
Likewise, the Customer shall not be liable to SAS HOTEL DE ROUBAIX in the event of non-performance of its obligations resulting from an event of force majeure.
Cases of force majeure or fortuitous events are those usually recognized by the jurisprudence of French courts and tribunals, and French positive law.
XV. Applicable law :
1. These General Terms and Conditions of Sale are governed by French law.
2. This applies to both substantive and formal rules.
XVI. Integral :
1. The present General Terms and Conditions of Sale, the conditions of sale of the fare booked by the Customer, and the acceptance of the confirmation of the booking request express the entirety of the obligations of the parties.
2. No general or specific conditions communicated by the Customer may be incorporated into these general conditions.
3. The documents forming the contractual commitments between the parties are, in descending order of priority, the reservation request (including the specific conditions of the fare reserved) validated by the Customer and these general conditions.
XVII. Evolution / modification of the general terms and conditions of sale
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale may be amended and/or supplemented by SAS HOTEL DE ROUBAIX at any time. In this case, the new version of the General Terms and Conditions of Sale will be posted online. As soon as the new version of the General Terms and Conditions of Sale is published online, it will apply to all new bookings on the Website.
XVIII. Consumer mediation :
You may have recourse to a consumer mediator under the conditions laid down in Title 1 of Book VI (Article L. 111-1 6° of the French Consumer Code) by writing to the following address: Médiation Tourisme & Voyages – BP80303 – 75823 Paris 17 or by e-mail to http://www.mtv.travel/je-saisis-le-mediateur/.
You can also visit the European dispute resolution platform: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/?event=main.complaints.screeningphase
Terms and conditions updated to 08/29/2023
HOTEL DE ROUBAIX
6 rue Greneta
75003 – Paris
Tél. : +33142728991